Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day +7

Today the suck continued, largely unchanged.  There was a little more nausea, a little less pain (due to higher rate of morphine drip).  Zevi continues to sleep a lot, which is fine - he is not exactly missing anything exciting.  At some point during the day he was awake and active and aware for a wonderful hour and played with Grandma Rita.  Alla is managing as well.

Today, I was reminded by my dad, is our wedding anniversary.  Both Alla and I would have missed it otherwise.  Once reminded, I stopped by the hospital with sushi, balloons, a card, and a contraband box of wine, since the nurses are pretty adamant about not sharing the morphine.  In case any of hospital supervisors are reading this - the nursing staff had no idea I snuck in booz.  Alla and I shared a surreal meal in a semi-dark room, with wine out of paper cups, to the sound beeping machinery and periodic interruptions to administer morphine.  To my surprise, the meal was far more festive and hopeful than it had any right to be.

Zeva feeling well, 8/21/14
Benya tests the newly constructed deck benches, same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment