Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day +14

Today the white blood cell count dropped a little, to 0.120, which is to be expected.  Zevi continues to bring up mucus, occasionally spike fevers, and sleep a great deal.  On the flip side he went to the play room today and played for 30 minutes.  When not totally sleepy, which, admittedly, is a lot, Zevi is alert and engaged.  My parents came over very late last night and were amazed at the change from even a few hours earlier.  So, we continue to take things as they come.

On the sucky front I seem to have developed a little bit of a runny nose, which makes me persona non grata at OHSU.  Alla, I am pretty certain, was looking forward to a three day break and feels like an astronaut who was told that the relief space ship is not coming and she is to remain in orbit.  In truth, Zevi will not let anyone else replace mom by his side, which means I have to get well in a hurry and start my shift at OHSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment