Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day -3

Today was a surprisingly good day.  First of all, the night went well and during the day Zevi felt better.  Also, his dressing on the central line got changed.  Due to some anti-anxiety meds the procedure went rather smoothly, I heard.  By the time I got to the hospital Zevi was changed, bathed, peeing at an appropriate rate and in good spirits.  The labs are still looking good, though the counts are starting to go down.  For the first time in six months for sure, likely a year, Zevi's white blood cell count is not elevated.

While we know that this state of affairs cannot continue, this was a great day and we will take it.  Thank G-D.

Also, someone gave Zev a guitar.
8/11/14

and another
The musical talent sure is not from mom or dad.  Grandma Lina and Grandpa Misha, perhaps.

I also have no idea who got him not one but three toy guns.
Barrel is pointed in the safe direction, but no trigger discipline at all.  Need to work on that.

I truly never intended for the boys to have toy guns, since I fully plan on teaching them to use the real thing.  As long as Zevi has a dart gun, I was teaching him to add using ammo.  Seems to work and he enjoys it.  That being said, the guns have terrible sites and the trigger pull is atrocious.  If my son is to have a toy gun, it has to be a good one.  Next, I shall ask a question even the most Southern of Republicans (or is it most Republican of Southerners?) rarely ask: "what is the best gun for a three year old?"  I suspect a trip to a toy store in my future.

Benjamin is doing well also.  He is turning into a kid one can deal with most of the time.  He much prefers books in Russian, but cheerfully recites chunks of the alphabet in English upon request.  More importantly, he tolerates mom and brother being away and me coming home, showering, and leaving again, to come back at bed time.  I am sure this is not easy on him and the grandparents are doing an amazing job with Benya.  I am very grateful for Benya being as mature and easygoing as he has been.

Just as I type Benya woke for the second time with what seems to be a bad dream - and went right back to sleep once reassured.  Clearly, we all pay a price, including Benjamin.

1 comment:

  1. It is a very challenging time for all of you ! I know that you have the strength in you to push through these days and come out with flying colors!!!

    ReplyDelete