Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day +31

I skipped yesterday's update due to combination of circumstances - Zevi requested "lights out" at bed time, the laptop needed charging and I did not want to fiddle with the cables in the dark.  Everything is OK.

The numbers have pretty much remained unchanged in the last two days.  Zevi's level of energy, over all, continues to improve even if I am not successful in getting him out of the room much.  He spends more time upright, playing, wrestling with me, talking a lot.  On Saturday he ate a few bits here and there.  Not enough to count it as real eating.

The weekend was dominated by two relatively minor procedures.  On Saturday I got another chance to change a dressing.  This time it went better - I did not draw blood.  There is much to be learned by me still in terms of efficiency, but I have the basics down.  Zevi is a cool customer in a sense that only one other person is necessary to control his arms.  He objections are vocal, but not too physical.

The other procedure was today.  Given Zevi's lack of interest in eating, we gave the OK to put in the feeding tube.  The said tube is a very soft rubber affair that goes up the nose and down into the stomach.  Once there, it is not painful and does not prevent normal eating.  The process of putting it in, while not painful, is not pleasant either.  The whole experience is something both Zevi and I could have done without.  And that is all I have to say about it.

Another day (two since I last wrote) are over.  I am rather glad to see the tail end of this particular one.

No comments:

Post a Comment