Monday, September 1, 2014

Day +18

This was another day of progress.  To quote a famous NPR program, "first, let's do the numbers".  WBC = 1.57, ANC = 420.  Weight of 14.7 kg, all other numbers well within the normal range.  Also, today Zevi played and, more importantly, ate.  Some apple, two Popsicles, one or two cookies.  Not much in itself, but a big step.  The through-the-tube feeding is going to be reduced to entice Zevi to eat more.

Today I finally have gone in for a visit.  Zevi is rather a different kid from last time I was at OHSU.  He met me with a big Zevi hug, played with mom and Grandma Rita, enjoyed spending time with me as well.  Blackout order on images of Zevi continues, though in my view he does not look half bad.  I hope it gets lifted soon.

Grandma Rita and gets special kudos to supporting Alla during the extra-long stretch at OHSU.

The cards and gifts keep pouring in - thank you!  The toys are really starting to take over the room and some were sent home - we simply do not have the space nor hours in the day to play with everything.  The new cards are going up on the wall shortly and I will post another picture of the 'wall of good wishes'.  One card / poster, however, deserves an image all it's own for the sheer scale and artistic value.  The banner is around six feet across and took Alla and I (and two very nervous nurses looking on) to hang.  The team from GP Strategies took Super Zevi theme to the next level.  Thank you, guys.

Super Zevi takes flight 9/1/14
The awesome banner now flies above the bed, immediately visible upon entering the room.


Benjamin and I took our third trip to OMSI in as many days.  We saw the dinosaurs, we played, we (hopefully) learned.  Then, rather in lieu of a nap, we shared a quite afternoon, Benya on his iPad, me on my Kindle.  I do believe this is my first selfie ever.

Three bears, 9/1/14

No comments:

Post a Comment