Monday, July 18, 2011

stroller, round 4; new skills

Round four of the stroller bout started with the darn thing delivering a nice 1-2 combination.  The stroller is very well designed, including shock absorbers and wheels with inflatable inner tubes.  Which is all fine and dandy, until  said wheel find a thorn and goes flat, hardly a dozen miles into stroller life.  Following a customary bout of panic, I did what I do best: consulted wise friends.  I was told to procure a substance called SLIME (I am not kidding), inject some into the wheel and all shall be well.  Procuring the substance (indeed, very green and oozing and thick), I followed the instruction to the letter and, to my surprise, we were mobile again in less than an hour.  Thanks, G!  We were startled by the attack, but recovered nicely.

In the mean time Alla finally got a definitive response from totsy.com, the vendor who sold us the stroller.  They absolutely cannot procure the car seat adapters.  For which they are very sorry, and therefore they are refunding us the full price of the stroller, which is a chunk of change.  Upstanding guys.  Decidedly, round three goes to us.

I remember reading somewhere that kids learn very quickly even at this early age.  Well, our sons (same as other babies, I am sure) are great at multitasking.  For example, they routinely manage to hiccup, eat, poop, and scream at the same time.  The have recently added to their repertoire coughing while eating (sometimes while pooping, but that is irrelevant), which produces a very nice misty spray of formula.  Since at the time they are usually looking up, at me, and I am looking down, at them...you can figure it out.

Other than that things are progressing as planned.  The kids are growing; we are working to preserve their health and our sanity.  There are no changes in either - at least that I can detect at this point.

It occurs to me that earlier in this entry I plugged a commercial product and a site.  I was not sponsored to do so.  Which is a shame.  Corporate sponsorships are always welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment