Wednesday, July 6, 2011

one month, and counting

I suppose I am expected to write something on account of boys being one month old now.  OK.  I will write that I do not believe in this day being any more or less important than any other.  What?  I really am expected to provide some sort of summation of things thus far?  *sigh*  Well, thank G-D all is well.  There.  I summed it up.

The boys are doing well, even in spite of a few spots of stubborn angry-red rash on Zev's ass and Benjamin's occasional reluctance to breast feed..  So far, both seem to bother us more than them.  The boys have gained weight very well, both are slightly over seven and a half pounds.  The boys have also clearly fulfilled their objective of depositing each of the three bodily fluids directly onto each of the parents.

The mom is recovering very well from the surgery and is looking forward to returning to active life style.  The return to sushi and (sips of) wine has gone wonderfully.  Milk is increasing nicely.  Our mental state, thus far, is satisfactory - in large degree due to the emotional and physical support we receive from friends and family, far and near.

It occurs to me that the above is entirely too up-bit.  Perhaps, it is due to another visit from our friends Y and J tonight, combined with a coffee Alla and I shared unwisely late in the day.  Regardless...  Sleep deprivation is exactly as much fun as I expected it to be and I think about it exactly what I thought I would.  To those who claimed that I will magically decide that it is OK because the kids are my own flesh and blood ... I say, in the words of Zohan: "bullshaha!"  I can't speak for Alla, but for myself I can say that, after a month of this often farqing miserable existance...I am still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment