Friday, June 10, 2011

names, finally!

It is official - the boys have names!
'Baby 1' = Zev Rosen and 'Baby 2' = Benjamin Beresh

The tradition states that children should be named after dear deceased relatives.  On Alla's side everyone has either someone named after them or is, thank G-D, alive.  Which leaves my grandparents, all departed, to name the kids after.
Zev is after my matermal grandma Tzilya (transliterations vary), which is in fact a version of Zillah.  Also, we both really like the name Zev.
Rosen is after shorter version of "Rozenhaupt" - my mother's father's last name.  The Israeli part of the Rozenhaupt clan shortened the name to Rosen.
Benjamin is after my father's mother Bella, whom I sadly have never met.  And we both like the name.
Beresh, finanlly, is after my mother's father, grandpa Beresh, who influenced me tramendously.

Now, my observant reader, you may ask: "And what of your father's father? Why is no one named after him?"  Well, my observant reader, my father's father was Daniel, and he also passed before I was born, so I am named after him myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment