Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3, lessons

In the evening the kids began teaching us a few things.

Lesson 1, anatomy
While changing Baby 1's diaper, I saw that his shirt was pulled down.  I then spotted a pale mark on his chest.  I wondered if it was a bite of some sort, or maybe a self-inflicted scratch.  While I was wondering that, I noticed an identical mark on the other side of his chest.  I found my baby's nipple.

Lesson 2, quality control
At the 11pm feeding Baby 2 refused the breast.  He is a little stinker for doing that, but we figured he was allowed one instance, since he's been a very mellow guy so far.  To our chagrin, he then proceeded to use the bottle as a pacifier, and suck in not a drop.  His brother, in the mean time, had a nice meal and was snoozing.  We continued to fret and got him to suck for good few minutes, only to find we've been faked again - no drop in level of formula.  We finally asked for nurse's help, and Baby 2 pulled the same "fake suck" trick on her.  The nurse, however, proceeded to notice that there was no whole in the rubber nipple!  Evidently, the first of this particular kind of equipment failure for her as well.  Once the nipple was replaced, Baby 2 proceeded to have a nice supper and left for the night nursery with his brother.  Leaving the parents to finally breath and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment