Monday, January 12, 2015

Day +150

Friday was another day of good news.  Easy to share.  The fourth Chimerism test came in at 100% donor - hell yea!  We are now officially on monthly visits.  Further, Zevi appetite has been returning.  All good news.

Zevi also got to experience his first Lego class.  Benya only said about 5 times "I will show you, brother!"  By the end of the class the teacher was visibly worn, the boys caused only mild havoc, but they did build what they set out to.

Sleep does continue to be a challenge.  Zevi asks to be covered, migrates to the couch and back (with entourage of blankets, pillows, juice bottle, one dragon, and one sleepy/pissed parent.  Tonight at bed time the boys could not decide who should sit with them for five minutes.  So, I suggested that instead they tuck mom and me in, and sit with us.  Zevi was having none of it, Benya looked like he might go for it.  Now, if I could get Benya to tuck his brother in 4-5 times per night, we'd be set.

On Saturday Alla and I got a night off to celebrate New Year according to the old Russian calendar.  Never done it before, but it was a chance to get away - compliments of grandma Rita - so I am all for weird traditions all of a sudden.  It was a nice night, great company, good music, a chance to see an old friend in action on stage.

Another "first" I'd like to share.  On Saturday we took Zeva to sushi.  Come to think of it, it was the first for him since transplant, but that was not the first I was talking about.  For the first time ever all four of us ate at the sushi place and did not leave a pile of food on the floor.  It was good to leave the place and not feel like I had to apologize to the staff for the terrible mess.

On that note, let me leave you with the wishes of a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment