Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 13


The unequivocally good thing about today is that it is close to over.  There was definitely yelling and screaming and crying today.  At the same time some math was learned and some English homework was done too.  Alla cooked delicious things and cleaned the aftereffects of the cooking.  And cleaned most of the downstairs, in fact.  My achievements are much more modest: kids learned material that I planned to go over yesterday and, after several iterations, completed the assigned homework.  Somewhere along the way Zev was given (and, hopefully, learned) the lesson about not throwing notebook in frustration when asked to redo whatever part of homework he got wrong.  And then about not escalating and not talking back to his parents.  Somewhere along the way the shouting started.  On the plus side we made it through most of two episodes of Mythbusters and through all of the homework and the boys played some music, and we had a delicious dinner (thank you, wife!). 

Oh, by the way, this was a workday and both Alla and I attended meetings and got work done.

If you will excuse me, I think my wife needs wine and I definitely need scotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment