Tuesday, September 4, 2012

another facet of normal

This too, I shall share.  Last night started rather late for us, as Zev was up from 11:30 to roughly 1 am - presumably, teething.  He spent the time either physically in Mom's arms, or sitting in his bed, screaming full bore, not even trying to sleep.  When he finally quieted down, I was to wound up to sleep, so took the opportunity to answer a few e-mails I could not get to during my very restful long weekend.  I am figuring it was around 1:30 or so when I fell asleep.  And then it was 5:48, Benjamin was screaming, and my day started with cleaning up liquid shit.

I changed both kids and stayed in their room for roughly 40 minutes, listening to the whining from one or the other, cleaning up also two fully runny noses (daily trips to the playground in the mall are certainly paying off).  After that I decided it was important for Alla to participate while I share these few words with you.

The reason I try to volunteer for the morning duty is because I firmly believe we did this to ourselves and deserve nothing better.  This underlying belief shapes my daily parenthood experience.  Add in the knowledge that there are multiple years of this in store, and you have an idea of my basic outlook on life.  Please, save your sympathy.

I also need to go to work a little earlier, so that I can leave early enough to get some childproofing equipment, and possible new doorknobs, on the way home from work.  You see, today I observed Benjamin finally succeeding in opening the door to his room.  He was not entirely able to get out, but that should no more than a dozen attempts away.

Therefore, my gentle reader, I am now off to my 8 am conference call where I shall have to exercise a great deal of diplomacy and tact.  To be followed, undoubtedly, by what will be a very productive workday.  Needless to say, should I fall asleep on the drive home and rap my car around a concrete embankment, that will be just fine with me, thank you very much.  Now, should I forget to use my seat belt today for best effect? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment